NODYCON 2021, originally planned to be held in Rome, February 16-19, 2021, will now be hosted as
a virtual online conference on the planned dates to overcome the uncertainties related to the COVID-19 crisis.
The online conference is creatively designed to help corroborate and cement the sense of
cohesiveness and liveliness of the NODYCON community. The in-person NODYCON conference is
postponed to June 2022 and updates will be posted here.
The NODYCON 2021 online conference will feature keynotes/webinars of broad interest, round
tables, workshops, and oral presentations covering recent advances in the rich spectrum of
topics covered by NONLINEAR DYNAMICS,
including new frontiers and challenges such as nonlinear dynamics, control and perspectives of
the COVID-19 pandemic. The full-length indexed papers will be published by Springer Nature.
Deadline of REVISED PAPERS submission, December 13, 2020
A reduced conference fee of € 200 aims to facilitate a broad participation overcoming the negative COVID-19 financial impact.
The NODYCON 2021 online conference program will also include a live virtual tour of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel where attendees will walk and interact with a Curator of Art History to admire the masterpieces of Italian Renaissance. And other social events will follow.
Papers dealing with one or more of the following topics will be considered for the conference:
- Multi-scale dynamics: coexistence of multiple time/space scales, large system dynamics
- Experimental dynamics: benchmark experiments, experimental methods, instrumentation techniques, measurements in harsh environments,experimental validation of nonlinear models
- Dynamics of structures/industrial machines/equipment/facilities (e.g., cable transportation systems, suspension bridges,cranes,vehicles,etc.)
- Composite and nanocomposite structures (e.g., carbon nanotube/polymer composites): damping, modeling, dynamics
- Adaptive, multifunctional, and meta material structures
- Reduced-order modeling: center manifold reduction, nonlinear normal modes, normal forms
- Nonsmooth dynamics
- Systems with time and/or space delays
- Fractional-order system dynamics
- Nonlinear interactions: parametric vibrations with single/multi-frequency excitations, multiple external and autoparametric resonances in multi-dof systems.
- Computational techniques:efficient algorithms,use of symbolic manipulators,integration of symbolic manipulation and numerical methods, use of parallel processors.
- Nonlinear system identification: parametric/nonparametric identification, data-driven identification
- NEMS/MEMS and nanomaterials: multi-sensors, actuators exploiting nonlinear working principles
- Multibody dynamics: rigid and flexible multibody system dynamics, impact and contact mechanics, tire modeling, railroad vehicle dynamics, biomechanics applications, computational multibody dynamics
- Fluid/structure interaction
- Influence of nonlinearities on vibration control systems
- Human-machine interaction
- Nonlinear wave propagation in discrete and continuous media
- Advanced cryptography based on chaotic maps
- Ecosystem dynamics, social media dynamics (user behavior dynamics in multi-messages social hotspots,prediction models),financial engineering, complexity in engineering
- Network dynamics (multi-agent systems, leader-follower dynamics, swarm dynamics, biological networks dynamics).
The one-page abstracts to be submitted online using the Conference portal will be included in the Conference Book of Abstracts. Authors will have the option of submitting full-length papers for publication consideration as Springer Conference Proceedings. The papers will be made available to the following indexing services: Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI), part of Clarivate Analytics’ Web of Science, EI Engineering Index (Compendex and Inspec databases), Google Scholar, MathSciNet, Scopus, Zentralblatt MATH. A short list of papers will be invited to a Special Issue of NONLINEAR DYNAMICS. To accelerate the reviewing process, referees will be invited from those who will attend the conference. The Springer Conference Proceedings papers will be made available during NODYCON 2021.